Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Love happens when you least expect it

It has been so long since I added a new entry unto my blog. A lot has happened since the last entry was written. Yes, I am very much married now.

My husband and I decided to get married just a few months after we decided to become a couple. His question was "How much would it cost to get married there in the Philippines?". I answered him coyly and said " it depends on the budget". We had a short engagement.After just 5 months of preparation, we had a beautiful church wedding. The preparation was not that easy. I have to juggle work, looking out for suppliers, and getting the best options that will work around the budget that we set. (yes, you need to set a budget so you won't go over it yet still inevitable).

Talking about the wedding, there are a lot of details that needs to be addressed. But as far as I know, there are only these things that are important and omitting any of these is critical and I mean CRITICAL to the success of your wedding.

First, getting all the documents needed in order to obtain the marriage license. And that includes, NSO authenticated birth certificate (which you can get readily at the NSO office 50% cheaper than getting it online-patience is a must!),CENOMAR (or certificate of No Marriage). 

If your fiance' is a foreigner, in which in my case my hubby denounced his filipino citizenship and is a naturalized citizen to the country where he now resides, your fiance' need to get his "Legal Capacity to Marry" from the embassy before filing the marriage license. And thus the reason why we have to fly to Manila Embassy to get that sworn statement. 

While aboard the plane, my hubby asked me to look at the window and check if we are still in Cebu airspace. I did look out of the window while saying we are still in Cebu airspace. He took out a box and tried to kneel in the very little space between the plane seats. So he managed to place one knee on his chair, the other, hanging by the seat path.It was so funny that all I could blurt out was to ask him to just sit snuggly next to me. He did not fret but continued and finally, popped the question. And yes, as dramatic as I am, I cried.. a little... (ok, a lot actually... I just couldn't help but say yes and I gave him the most sincere and loving kiss that I could give). 

Click the link to view:

After getting the necessary papers, request for a marriage license is necessary. It will take a one whole day seminar and a 15 days postage for the license to be available. Just go to the nearest city registrar's office to do that. 

Afterwhich, whatever you may choose, may it be church or a civil ceremony, It is all up to you. 

                     After our Pre-Cana Seminar
                          Archbishop Palace
                           
Other things to be considered for church wedding that you need to book ahead of time:
1.Church reservations : so you can choose for your wedding date in advance. 

2. Florist : for the adornment of the church and of the reception
3. reception area and food: location is vital. Our wedding falls on a wet season, It's better be safe than put all your savings on a wedding reception you can't use as most are non-refundable. 
4. Cake: customizing makes your cake beautiful and personal
                       Cake by LMG Pastry Chef
                         Lani M. Garcia

5. Invitations : Remember that filipino culture, some may not understand what RSVP is, so make room for extra people who might just pop up at your wedding.
6. The entourage clothes and shoes (optional): choose the motif (color) of your wedding

7. The groom's tux or barong and bride's wedding dress



8. Make- Up artist
                  By:  Junisan Catarungan

10. Photographer and Videographer : to capture those memories both in print and video. 
       Pre-nup photo at my parents' hometown : TUBIGON,BOHOL

Sweetknottings Invitations all the way from Manila

These are just some of the things you need to consider. Just don't forget to relax and have fun. Planning and timing is essential. Don't stress yourself out. It will ruin the mood. 

I, for one, was in the brink of being stressed out. Its a good thing I have a strong support system from friends, family and of course from my Husband. 

Over-all, It was a very memorable day for us and a happy day for all of us. 


Finally, a love that is mine forever. <3 <3 <3 

Photo credits : James Jayson Ty Photography
Make up : Junisan Catarungan
Gown : Joan Montaire 
Reception: Crowne Regency Hotel and Suites
Church: Redemptorist Church

2 comments:

  1. "Finally, a love that is mine forever." Wayuk! Kahilak na pod ko. :D

    Great to see you back to blogging, Mare. Keep it up. Look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mare! Will definitely post those pending notes.. chos! hahahaa.. ^_^

      Delete